High Risk Hope is hiring a new Program Coordinator.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director this position supports the development and implementation of informational, emotionally supportive, and inspirational High Risk Hope (HRH) programs for pregnant women on hospital bed rest and the families of babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Work with the Executive Director to identify new areas of program needs for the purpose of developing and implementing future programs responsive to those needs. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, including recommending changes in office practices or procedures.
- Coordinate the implementation and evaluation of direct service activities, such as assembly an delivery of Bed Rest Baskets, NICU Napsacks, Books For Babies, Bereavement Boxes, NICU Dinners and HRH Bundles.
- Oversee inventory management of items included in Bed Rest Baskets, NICU Napsacks, and HRH Bundles for all hospital partners and HRH locations.
- Coordinate the assembly, distribution and evaluation of hospital bed rest and NICU support materials.
- Maintain active communication, including updates and information on Hospital Bed Rest support, NICU Support, with hospital staff, HRH families and HRH Executive Director.
- Train and maintain working relationships with volunteers both in the Tampa Bay area and elsewhere that HRH operates regarding program implementation.
- Coordinate inventory and volunteer needs with of HRH branch leaders (Sarasota, FL and Orange County, CA).
- Coordinate active communications with volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer and HRH family records in Donor Perfect Database.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding personal health information and other sensitive information about parents and families, in accordance with applicable hospital policies and procedures.
- Comply with HRH and hospital required screening protocols, such as criminal background check, HRH and hospital orientation and screening.
- Participate as requested in HRH fundraising, media and publicity efforts and events.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information, e-mails, and calls from hospital partners, volunteers, and HRH families.
- Draft written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Respond to regularly occurring requests through email@example.com for information from hospital partners, volunteers, and HRH families.
- Act as a liaison with volunteers, HRH families, hospital partners, and outside agencies. Handle confidential and non-routine information and explain policies when necessary.
- Oversee and maintain office and cleaning supply inventory.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as project manager for special projects at the request of the Executive Director, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations and disseminating information.
- Type and design general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Submit social media content/photos to Director of Special Events, Marketing, and Public Relations.
- Oversee coordination of and attend monthly recognition for volunteers (Hospital Hero) and hospital staff (Stork of the month).
- Draft and mail birthday cards monthly to HRH babies.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position works directly with HRH volunteers.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and inventory stocking of items weighing less than 25 pounds is required. This would require the ability to lift items, open items and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a regular part time position (30 hours per week); some evening or weekend work may be required. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The position is primarily housed in the HRH Headquarters (Ybor City, Florida), but some time at hospital partners and other HRH offices (located in Tampa, Sarasota and St. Petersburg, Florida) will be required.
Required Education and Experience
- Four-year degree from an accredited university preferred
- One year of administrative experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Non-profit experience
- Three years of related experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please forward a resume and cover letter denoting the position of interest to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. HRH is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.