The Development Coordinator will report to the Director of Events, Marketing and PR and will assist throughout the office when necessary. The Development Coordinator will perform administrative duties related to fundraising, marketing and public relations and will gain exposure to strategic planning to increase their knowledge of a growing non-profit organization. Additionally, the Development Coordinator will be involved with stewardship activities related to non-profit fundraising and relationship management, including working with a team to create and implement the fundraising, development, and communications strategy for High Risk Hope, as well as maintain donor and grant research and tracking. This role will serve as the catalyst for a successful career in non-profit fundraising and relationship management for the right candidate. This position will work in coordination on other projects as assigned with the Director of Events, Marketing and PR, Executive Director, other staff and volunteers for High Risk Hope.
- Maintain DonorPerfect volunteer/donor database, mailing lists and donor contacts; design and run reports and assist with database maintenance.
- Generate weekly donor recognition letters and handwritten thank you notes.
- Assist in grant research and tracking, under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- Perform administrative duties as needed including filing, copying, sorting, mailing, etc.
- Support Executive Director in maintenance of High Risk Hope finances. Activities include: Scanning of financial documents, bank deposits, and other duties as assigned.
- Draft written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary; respond to regularly occurring requests for information from donors, volunteers, and patients.
- Manage online store, patient bags, order fulfillment, and inventory management. Establish and expand merchandise opportunities for High Risk Hope’s online store.
- Assist the Director of Events, Marketing and PR with all aspects of event volunteer committees and volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
- Work with the Director of Events, Marketing and PR to develop and maintain the events budgets.
- Solicit in-kind donations for events.
- At the direction the Director of Events, Marketing and PR, coordinate event logistics, advertising and collateral material.
- Act as a liaison with donors, event volunteers, sponsors, partners, event contractors and outside agencies at the direction of the Director of Events, Marketing and PR. Handles confidential information and explains policies when necessary.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Assist the Director of Events, Marketing and PR with in managing the HRH website.
- Assist in developing visual presentations, videos and graphics for the Director of Events, Marketing and PR and Executive Director.
- Work with the Director of Events, Marketing and PR to write, submit and follow-up on press releases and stories submitted to established media contacts.
- Assists the Director of Events, Marketing and PR with posts to social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, You Tube/Vimeo, Instagram, Google +, and Tumblr. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of social media posts.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Attendance is requited at all HRH events, including those that fall on the weekend.
No travel is expected for this position, with the exception of possible infrequent events held in Sarasota or St. Petersburg, Florida.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university required.
- A 2-year degree with a minimum 5 years related work experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization, may substitute.
- Event, communication, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of data entry systems and reporting.
- Prefer a minimum of 2 to 4 years experience in a paid special events, marketing position.
- Evidence of successful event, sponsorship, marketing, public relations, and business development/relationship programs required.
- Superior organizational and communication skills (written & verbal), detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Self- motivated individual able to work independently yet be an integral part of the HRH team.
- Ability to interact with all persons in a professional manner.
- Creativity and flexibility to enable new ideas to flourish.
- Proficiency in fundraising database usage as well as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Belief in the Mission, Vision, Values and goals of HRH with the ability to inspire and educate others.
- Knowledge of social media tools: Facebook, Twitter, Knowledge of website management.
- Willingness to pitch in when/where needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please forward a resume and cover letter denoting the position of interest to the Human Resources Department at [email protected] HRH is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.